Friday 17 May 2013

Story 01: OUR MISSION


Me, my Irish friend and a Chinese guy are planning to undertake expedition to Muztagh Ata (the 7509 m high peak on Chinese- Tajikistan border) and I would like to share my experience with you!

We should start on 1st July 2013, when we meet in Kashgar (the nearest big city to our peak) and so the time is running very quickly now!
This is so far my most challenging target and not just in terms of altitude but also physical preparation and therefore I have started to train a bit...
Not that I am climbing 5000 peaks every weekend but I am trying to run 3-4 times a week, doing some ‘bodybuilding’ exercise every day (who knows me must laugh now!) and I try to dedicate my weekends for at least 9 hours walking in the mountains around Kunming - my new location in BIG BIG China.
My next target – Muztagh Ata – will qualify me for the following 8 000m high peaks expeditions that I want to join in the near future!!! 

Except planned radio interviews, articles published in travel magazines and notes on public TV stations ;-) my expedition achievement will be possible to follow online on this live blog website and also on Facebook and Twitter (the links will follow shortly).  

Step by step I will try to share my experience on how I am preparing for this challenge, what I need to do before and even after (I hope) this challenge and I will try to update this blog even during my peak climbing (via satellite phone) so you can see where I am and what I am doing on my way to the peak!

Hope you will enjoy my articles and updates; and I believe I would see you from 7500 m height!

“It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.”
-- Edmund Hillary




1 comment: